msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Tidewater VA Area

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Tidewater VA Area
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:39:59 -0400

I agree, it is very likely to be the stimulus point of confusion. If I remember correctly (from a few years back) there was a person with Tidewater SAR (who was also a member of this list), that was interested in starting a MSAR component within their established Ground SAR group. However, I no one from Tidewater SAR ever applied to VASARCO for the MSAR credentialing process in order to obtain a VDEM MOU.

FYI for those MSAR folks west of the Allegheny Mountains, the Virginia State Attorney approves all Search and Rescue Standards, and SAR Team MOU's for incident response.
T'mi

Una Smith wrote:

CSAR isn't coastal but on their website they list Tidewater SAR on the
same page they mention MSAR, so maybe this has caused some confusion?

Una