msar-riders - [MSAR] Ticks and Fleas, what is your defense? When we are carriers too!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: RANCH MANAGER <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Ticks and Fleas, what is your defense? When we are carriers too!
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 04:22:22 -0700 (PDT)

We are deep into the "season" now and as horsemen, most of us have dogs and cats and as outdoorsmen, we all have this situation to be concerned about!

Here is a great online article regarding fleas, lice,  ticks, tapeworms and other nasties.

http://www.futurepets.com/fleasrx.htm

Read this and let me know if you are successfully combating this for your pet and what products you might be using.  Thanks

One of the most neglected worm treated  in horses is tapeworms....Most oof us treat for strongids and other worms, but neglect to treat for them.  Humans can get tapeworms too.  Ticks give us all concern for lyme disease...and the list goes on.

And just when you think its a grass allergy or food allergy, it could be something worse.

Karen Nesbiit

VMSAR

Iroquois County

Illinois