msar-riders - [MSAR] The WESTERN HELMET and riding the fall.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] The WESTERN HELMET and riding the fall.
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 12:12:21 -0700 (PDT)

IN REPSONSE ESPECIALLY TO:

Message: 3
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 00:01:25 -0500
From: "camp@yitsaranch.com" <camp@yitsaranch.com>
Subject: [MSAR] Western Riding Hat Helmet-Coming in June from Troxel!

Troxel Helmet will have on the market in June 2008 an SEI approved
equestrian riding helmet in the style of a Western Riding Hat.  You can
find photos of the product and additional information at the following web
address:

http://www.troxelhelmets.com/products/

Click on the Western menu bar above the Sierra Helmet photo or go to
the Choose a Helmet - Quick Find at the bottom of the page and click on
the menu where you will find the Western Hat Helmet listed.  The product
consists of a premium wool felt cowboy hat fitting over an ultra-low
profile helmet.  Troxel has the helmet priced at $119.95 and states it
will be sold through tack shops.

You may recall a survey I sent out in 2007 which made the rounds on the
internet.  The response to the survey was overwhelming and in favor of
production of a riding helmet which met the SEI safety standards and
had the Western hat look.   It is my hope this had an impact in bringing
this product to life.