msar-riders - [MSAR] The Western Troxel

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] The Western Troxel
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:12:39 -0700 (PDT)

RESPONDING TO:
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:25:06 -0500
From: "Joseph Huston" <jchuston@earthlink.net>
Subject: [MSAR] Western Hat Helmet
To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>,
"Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>

In the past, there was a discussion about who made a western hat/helmet
for
riding. On page 28 of the June 2008 issue of Horse Illustrated, a blurb
states that Troxel (www.troxelhelmets.com) has introduced a Western Hat
Helmet which looks like what some are looking for.

Hope this helps

Joe Huston

ps: I have not received any MSAR e-mails in over a month. Is there a
problem

Well all I can say on the WESTERN HELMET ----is it's about time!!

Although I find that there still exists an element of safety and need for a peice of head gear while handling horses on the ground!  A swift kick can happen at ground level at anytime and any place with any horse.

Seems our happy go lucky horses love to get out the gat and holt and buck when heading to pasture... hmmmmm, head level.. you bet!

Respectfully.
K. Nesbitt
VMSAR
Iroquios County, IL

PS - No apparent problem in getting MSAR email here...

  • [MSAR] The Western Troxel, Karen Nesbitt, 05/09/2008