msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR Presentation materials

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Howard Smith" <Horseman@justice.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR Presentation materials
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, T'Mi,

I wonder if you might send me by email attachment your
materials for presentation of a MSAR team?

I have started a MSAR team with the local Civil Air
Patrol, hope to extend it to the Game department, and
the USFS.

I first started the founding of a Backcountry Riders of
Montana as an educationally- and training-oriented
nonprofit organization intended to teach backcountry
riding, camping, and packing skills. Then I added in
Leave No Trace training. MSAR is an additional training
we will offer.

I have been developing my own materials. If you send me
yours, I will send you mine as I develop them.

Best regards,

Howard in Beautiful Montana

> Jan,
>
> I have a 1-hour MSAR PowerPoint presentation that
> explains MSAR
> operations for Virginia and Maryland that was modified
> for use by the
> TROTSAR Mounted Team.
>
> I believe the presentation should be useful since our
> deployment
> oversight comes from two different State governments.
> As an example;
> the Virginia Department of Emergency Management is
> responsible for the
> oversight of search operations for the Commonwealth;
in
> Maryland, the
> Maryland Department of Natural Resources Police is
> authority that
> registers SAR Team for State Level SAR response, with
> the MD State
> Police being vested with SAR oversight.
>
> The presentation was originally created for a joint
> project between the
> Commonwealth Search and Rescue Team's Mount Unit and
> the TROTSAR Mounted
> Team for a co-hosted MSAR Presentation at the 2007
> Virginia SAR
> Conference held in Richmond, VA. However, after the
> conference we
> modified the presentation to make it more specific to
> reflect our team's
> mission since we are the only MSAR resource that holds
> state level MOU's
> and have been approved as a MSAR response resource for
> both Maryland and
> Virginia.
>
> If you think the presentation would be helpful, I can
> email you copy of
> the file.
>
> Ride Safe,
>
> T'mi
>
> Commander
> TROTSAR Mounted Team
> www.trotsar.org
>
> Janice Hatch wrote:
>
> > Hello, I am a new member of MSAR. I am currently
> president of the
> > only mounted unit in Maine, established in 2000. We
> work under the
> > direction of the Game Warden service who commands
all