msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Request for Information

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thor Burfine" <thor@cpcinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Request for Information
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 10:56:21 -0600

For CPR and Basic First Aid, get with the local chapter of the Red Cross
For Orienteering, I went to the local National Guard post and got mine from
them
(Cost me a couple of cases)
For radio communication, best bet is the local HAM Radio group.
They love to help and for the most part its in their charter
For the training of riders and horses...
That is a biggie with hundreds of answers
I would start by requiring basic horsemanship and sane horses
here are our requirements for horse and rider
http://www.texasequusearch.org/horse_info.html

For the etc.
Be willing to learn, and spend lots of hours away from home
both at training and in the field.

Good luck with it, keep us posted of your progress.

Thor

Thor Burfine
Texas Equusearch
Equine Team Leader