msar-riders - [MSAR] TLART

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David Skofstad" <dbs54neigh@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] TLART
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:23:51 -0600

Una

I can vouch for this training at EKU and also at Kentucky Horse Park (usually in August).  Our Posse funded the training of one local firefighter last summer and the training was put to use in the October double-decker accident with 59 horses aboard. The recently trained man was the second to arrive at the scene.  While the training is aimed at a more "conventional" horse trailer accident,  the fact that there had been some advance planning no doubt saved many horses and the rescue effort was accomplished with zero human injuries.

Our local fire chief is aiming toward bringing the trainers to our area so as to accomodate more area personnel.

David Skofstad
dbs54neigh@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

  • [MSAR] TLART, David Skofstad, 03/01/2008