msar-riders - [MSAR] Mounted tracking

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Mounted tracking
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:54:56 -0700

From: Samuel Peery
Ten of our SAR members are Tracker I status with Universal Tracking Service out of Oregon. One of those instructors tracks frequently from horseback. Please send me the Mounted SAR article in Perfect horse. Samuel Peery Cache County Sheriff's SAR, Logan, UT
=========

If anyone is interested in being NV POST certified as a Mounted Tracker, that class is available. It was offered at SAR City (Barstow, CA www.sarcity.org ) a few weeks ago, and was excellent. We took some riders with no tracking training, started them in Mounted Tracking Aware on Friday night, and at NOON on Saturday they were successfully tracking in the hard, dry desert ... from the saddle.

Fernando will be returning next year to teach Mounted Tracking again at SAR City. (Friday evening through Sunday noon.) He is also available to teach clinics. http://searchandrescuetrackers.com/

~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
SAR & CERT