msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Mexico SAR training materials

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Mexico SAR training materials
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:51:42 -0700

Una,

I have just spent about an hour in your Study Guide. This is an excellent
document. I thought Chapter 4 Search Techniques and Chapter 5 Map and
Compass were especially well done. Wow, thirty minute refresher courses.

Although my unit does not set up a formal Field Certification Course our
training objectives hit all the same high points ending with the same
result. I believe I am going to reorganize my unit's Field Certification
process along the lines of what New Mexico has set out. It is clear, concise
and the trainees can see exactly what they need to do accomplish the goal.

You guys are going to make my life a lot easier.

Thanks

Paul Fleming
PMSAR
Training Officer.