msar-riders - [MSAR] Administrivia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-Riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, MSAR ASTM <MSAR-ASTM@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Administrivia
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:17:50 -0400

Dear subscirbers to MSAR-Riders and MSAR-ASTM:

My relative inactivity on these lists has been due in part (!) to the
enormous load of spam received by these two lists and all permutations
of administrative addresses. It is running 500-1000 spams per day.
Even with highly efficient and effective spam filtering, I still have
to check for the rare legitimate e-mail mistakenly classified as spam,
and rescue it.

For the most part this does not affect subscribers to the list: all
posts received from subscribers are being distributed directly to the
list, with the exception of a small fraction of posts that have some
problem in their headers that make them look like spam. Usually, it
is due to the sender using Bcc (blind carbon copy) or many addressees.
Again, those posts are not lost, only delayed until I find them amid
the spam.

I hope to have some new solutions online in the near future. In the
meantime, if you posted something andng and for you in teh near

Mounted Search and Rescue
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/

MSAR-Riders
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/msar-riders.html