msar-riders - [MSAR] INFORMATIVE LINKS

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] INFORMATIVE LINKS
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

BEFORE YOU ACQUIRE A HORSE, CONSIDER THESE INFORMATIVE LINKS:

My main question would be on enforcement of some of the regulations and who to call as to violations?  Seems to me we have a lot of regulations on the books, but little to no enforcement in some cases.

If someone had a dead animal or a pile of them, and they died of some disease and they creamated them, I would think the Health Department woudl have a say in that as one would sincerely think that breathing the fumes fo this type of cremation would be a hazard to not only other livestock in the area but to people as well.  And yes, burail of an large animal put down by euthanasia is illegal as well and harmful.  Sadly, we have a dilema on all our hands when it comes to disposal of our faithful mounts (as well as other livestock) and this is sincerely a problem to a neighboring farm no less the water shed perhaps, if the one next to it violated the rules.

K. Nesbitt
VMSAR - Iroquios County
Illinois

Catch the WEATHER