msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Ice storm

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Ms Teri Oliver <terilynne3@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Ice storm
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 06:38:11 -0800 (PST)

We always kept a heat lamp in our well area as well as heat tape and
insullation around exposed areas. When things did freeze, I can't tell you
how many blow dryers we burnt up getting our water back!! After 15 years
though, the aforementioned seemed to beat the coldest that WA state could
give. We had so much insullation around our hot water heater, which was in
the potato cellar, that the cat used to curl up in it and once she gave birth
in it. Amazed me the stuff never affected her. We got the kittens out quickly
and washed them...they turned out just fine.

Sincerely

Teri Oliver