msar-riders - [MSAR] ASTM mounted standards update

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] ASTM mounted standards update
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 15:06:19 -0600

Dear MSAR-Riders,

This is a brief report of results to date on our companion
list, MSAR-ASTM, which is a task group recognized by ASTM
International's Committee F32 on Search and Rescue. ASTM
is one of the world's oldest voluntary, consensus standards
development organizations, and now has over 12,000 active
standards documents. ASTM's annual book of standards now
runs to 77 volumes. Committee F32, formed in 1988, now
has has 34 active standards and is working on several new
standards. Two of those are specific to MSAR:

WK7556 Standard Guide for Training of a Level I Mounted
Searcher

WK8963 Standard Guide for Minimum Horsemanship Skills for
a Level I Mounted Searcher

For document scopes and other details please see this web
page:
http://www.astm.org/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/COMMIT/SUBCOMMIT/F3202.htm?L+memberstore+ooef3203+1100539500

Committee F32 will meet next on November 6-7, 2005 in Fort
Collins, Colorado. The meeting is free and open to all
interested parties. For details, please see this web page:
http://www.astm.org/MEETINGS/nextmeeting.cgi?F32+ooef3203

Regards,

  • [MSAR] ASTM mounted standards update, Una Smith, 10/07/2005