msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Leadership problems

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Anonymous Anon <anonymousastm@yahoo.com>
  • To: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Leadership problems
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:16:16 -0700 (PDT)

The board of Directors (BOD) are unfortunately not an elected group. They
are the original founders of the team and have put into the team standards
that the only way they can be replaced is if one steps down from the position
themselves. They have told us many times over that they have the power to
overrule anything and everything they want. At first i thought this a good
idea untill they started overruling things that would benefit the team as a
whole, even though it would be not so easy for them.

We do have elected officials (pres, vp, treasurer, secretary) but anything
that is tryed by them to correct a problem with the BOD is but down quickly.