msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] State Wide MSAR Training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul Fleming" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] State Wide MSAR Training
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:22:25 -0700

Una,

I'm surprised all I could find this year is Horse and Mule Packing. It
depends from year to year. If the horse units ask for specific training it
is usually arranged. Mostly the MSAR community is small and does not ask for
allot. Memory seems to tell me most horse related stuff at the conferences
was more focused on the IC staff and other units on how to relate to and
operate with MSAR. For example this year we have been asked to brief the SAR
Deputies Association on Air Scent Detection and its capabilities.

The common point of view from the MSAR guys around here is we train among
ourselves for the horse stuff and spend our conference class hours on the
Crime scene detection, Methlab awareness, Man tracking and alike. I know the
last thing I want to see at a conference is a horse. There is just too much
other important stuff available.

Paul