msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] information

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] information
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:57:56 -0700

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 08:50:53PM -0700, Janean LaMont wrote:
>I am new to all this. I am doing some research for our mounted
>posse on standards. I was wondering if it costs to join MSAR
>as a group and what is your criteria and standard of testing.
>
>Janean LaMont
>bigcow@quixnet.net

Hi Janean,

What kind of standards? Training or operations?

My team's costs per year are $35 for membership in the state
membership society of SAR teams; we recover that cost in
discounts on registrations to attend our state's annual SAR
conference. Another $10 for registration as a non-profit
corporation. Printing and postage for mailings (meeting
agendas and minutes). Some team equipment costs. We have
land with a riding arena and building, so we also have
maintenance and utilities and insurance. Total is several
thousand dollars per year in costs, but under $100 of that
goes to MSAR specifically.

Our individual MSAR costs, taken together, are far higher.

Is this what you wanted to know?

Let us know where you are and what stage your team is at:
planning only, training, operational, other?

Una

  • [MSAR] information, Janean LaMont, 02/20/2005
    • Re: [MSAR] information, Una Smith, 02/24/2005