msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Don't Let This Happen To You!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Don't Let This Happen To You!
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:55:47 -0800

From: Terry Nowacki
It is interesting about the seeing eye miniature horse, I heard they work great!
A major benefit for both the seeing eye and air scent horses are that their useful
life is over twice that of a k9, so you get more benifit from your training time. <<

Terry, a very good point regarding life span and return on your training investment. So I have a new mission for you. Train the miniature horse / small pony / donkey for air scenting. That small equine can also double as a pack animal. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar