msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Home Land Security

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm'-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Home Land Security
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:23:21 -0500

Over a year ago, in the State of Maryland, our Mounted Team (along with K-9 teams) were advised that we should expect there may be times when we will need to secure our animals, in the event an assignment requires our basic SAR skills to be utilized elsewhere.  In this region, both K-9 and Mounted teams are considered a secondary skill, although they are primarily used for there specialty skills.
Tomi`
TROTSAR

Diane Whetsel c/o MSAR Maintainer wrote:
I don't know how most MSAR units work, but with K-9s, especially for FEMA/DHS, If we are called  and it turns out that a K-9 is not the appropriate resource, or we find
ourselves in a Haz Mat situation, we are to take the K-9 out of the area
and work in whatever capacity that we can.