msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Equine Emergency and Disaster Response Symposium

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: bonnie elster <elster530@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Equine Emergency and Disaster Response Symposium
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:55:47 -0800 (PST)

It will be a wonderful symposium but we too plan to be in Reno during the day & getting ready for the Pony Express Reride in the evening.

Jorene Downs <Jorene@CEOates.com> wrote:
UC Davis Equine Emergency and Disaster Response Symposium
Saturday, April 24

"The symposium will consist of three hours of lecture in the morning on rescue techniques and the care and management of critical injuries. Lunch will be provided mid-day, followed by live demonstrations in the afternoon on how to get a downed horse out of a stall using a sled and slings, extracting a horse from a trailer in an accident, and medical management of an injured horse, including splinting."

Wish I could attend, but I'll be in Reno that weekend teaching at a SAR conference.

I'm sure there are other sources out there for this kind of training. This would be a good opportunity to people mention those sources ... ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA
SAR, MSAR, Swiftwater Rescue, US&R,