msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] light sticks

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm'-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] light sticks
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 08:38:13 -0500

Lisa- A company called Krill sells battery operated Light Sticks in 6 different colors.  According to Krill, their green light stick is the brightest color lamp that does not effect night vision.

<http://www.glowingcrazy.com/individual/index.html>

A couple of my team members use the Krill lights and seem to like them.   Personally (at night), I use red LED helmet flood light, a clip on rotating beam high intensity light with a red lens, and have two high intensity white light available (if it is needed).  In order to reduce weight and bulk, all my lights use either AA or AAA batteries.

Please keep in mind everyone has personal preferences when it comes to night-light selection.  No matter which light source and application you decide to utilize in the field, use the one that will provide you with the "most" confidence.

Tomi' (TROT-2)

TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team
State of Maryland
<