msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5 ; Team Information

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Bdurham05201@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5 ; Team Information
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:01:19 EST

Hello Una, hope this helps with the info you are compiling;

Brenda Durham, Coordinator (and Team Founder in 1993)

East Fork State Park
Volunteer Mounted Search & Rescue

This team is based at East Fork State Park, 10,500+ acres 30 minutes drive east of Cincinnati Ohio. We obviously serve East Fork, and through mutual aid agreements can be (and have been) borrowed or loaned to other parks and police agencies in Ohio.

We are 39 members strong (membership has never been below 28).  This includes 6 ground support members.

I and other members have enjoyed reading comments, suggestions and ideas from other MS&R members across the country.  I wish we were closer to some of the training we hear others talk about.  It is a good place to go for encouragement and support (even though you may not know you are supplying that), it can get discouraging at times, so it helps to hear others talk about their searches, training's, suggestions and experiences.
Keep up the good work

Brenda Durham

  • [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 12, Issue 5 ; Team Information, Bdurham05201, 01/14/2004