msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Artstone@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: pixiecwgrl@yahoo.com
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:12:52 EDT

barbara, vince - Im sandy miller located in Taos , nm. we have four
interested riders and are slow to evolve. I was invited once to train with
the
Bernallilo sheriffs dept msar and it wasvery professional (obstacle work) and
helpful.

I was originally the coordinator for our team, but handed the job over to
another gal, adellina pangia who is setting up a monthly schedule for us. we
have
a training june 29, sunday, theme is packing. you can email her as well as I,
see above. we periodically attend classes at the Philmonth Scout ranch in
Cimarron for sar and I believe next years training is in ruidoso. NNMSAR may
haveit on their website.
I also know a few riders in Sante Fe area, some belong to Backcounry Horsemen.
another good source of info is the NASAR bookstore, Kathy Roberts' two books
listed under misc.

feel free to email me directly. sandra e: artstone@aol.com