microid - Re: [Microid] microid scope

microid AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter AT jabber.org>
  • To: Fred Stutzman <fred AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: microid AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Microid] microid scope
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:43:43 -0700

Ah, to top-post or to bottom-post, that is the question! :-)

Fred Stutzman wrote:
I think better language is "contained" - the microid will claim ownership of everything contained in the semantic element.

Agreed. Plus that's consistent with the terminology in the HTML specs.

With regard to whole-page claims, this gets a little tricky because a microid in the head only connotes ownership of that claim. We can set up a special rule saying "if the microid is in the head, it is a whole page claim", I'm not sure there is any way around that.

Well, it does get tricky. What if we have this?

<head>
</head>
<h1>The Foo Page!</h1>
<h2>The Bar Area!</h2>

Confusing, eh?

So the relevant claim is always that of the nearest containing element in the hierarchy.

Peter

Thanks,
Fred