market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bulk items for selling produce at a market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tom & Melanie" <limerock AT thirdplanet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bulk items for selling produce at a market
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 10:24:30 -0400

We have always gotten good service from Rockford Package

Sam’s club has the best price for T-shirt bags.

Tom
Limerock Orchards
Catawba Island, OH

Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2015 8:30 AM

Hi, Folks!

Thanks to everyone who suggested scales.  The info was very helpful.

If I’m going to sell at a farmer’s market (just did a stand at the farm last year), I’m going to need:

Plastic bags for customer purchases

Rubber bands (for the asparagus bunches)

Quart and pint boxes (for ground cherries, cherry tomatoes, green beans)

Any good sites to order these?

Thanks for your help as I nudge towards selling. . .

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

75 Creamery Road