market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Scales for weighing asparagus and other produce?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Scales for weighing asparagus and other produce?
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 19:53:37 -0400

A lot of use use this : http://www.webstaurantstore.com/tor-rey-l-pc-40l-40-pound-digital-price-computing-scale-legal-for-trade/166LPC40L.html    and this seems to be the best price.  One the other hand, how big/public an operation are you?  With spears you will never be exact, so you could just be sure to be a little generous  (and maybe take your scale to another grower and compare weights with their legal scale), and get by. You have to sell a good bit of asparagus to pay for this.  Don't know how much other you grow and sell that would also benefit from a scale.