market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] price green tomatoe

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] price green tomatoe
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2014 13:56:02 -0700

A dollar/pound is too little unless you are trying to move a pile at seasons
end. I don't even get $4 for red and wouldn't give the greens away for a
buck. I started out at $3/lb. Then eventually dropped to $2. I also put
them in pints and quarts and convert the per pound price to pint or quart
prices.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit
salad.