market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Recommend good snow pea varieties?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <garlicgrower AT green-logic.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Recommend good snow pea varieties?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 18:12:15 -0400

Hi, Pam (and everyone else)!

This year, I hate them all! ;-)  I’m doing a variety trial for Seed Savers Exchange on snow pea and they are all just sitting there.  Finally saw some flowers today, but it’s late, late, late to have a harvestable crop.

At least around here (USDA Zone 6, Southeastern PA), the winter took forever to end, so I planted peas in mid-April, the latest I’ve read I could get a crop.  Am not sure I will bother if the season goes so late again.

Dorene Pasekoff

Hill Creek Farm

Pottstown, PA 19465