market-farming - [Market-farming] Liability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Burke Farm <burkefarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Liability
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 14:08:49 -0400

Our markets have both started requiring a liability policy listing the market as a named insured.  Annoying.  Costs  200$ per year or so for us, and a separate carrier issues this policy, it is through our same agent but not the same as our regular farm policy.

One market is run by type A executives and has required this for several years now.  It is operated by a city and the city is another required named insured.  Other market is less organized and has just added this requirement this year.  I am not sure where the farmers market is that has such deep pockets someone would sue it, but it must be out there.

Lisa Burke
Central IN z5
High tunnels full of tomato plants, row crop farmers plowing everywhere.

  • [Market-farming] Liability, Burke Farm, 04/27/2014