market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] paper pot transplanter

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] paper pot transplanter
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 21:40:53 -0400

I have been using one since 2009.  I cultivate by hand and tend to make shorter beds.  Most of my beds are 4 rows wide and 88 - 132 ft. long.  88' is the length of a 4" paperpot tray and 132 is a 6" paperpot tray.  If your soil is stony, it will be difficult to pull the transplanter straight enough to reliably cultivate a multirow bed with a G.

Andy