market-farming - [Market-farming] spreadsheet question - Crop Planning for Organic Vegetable Growers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] spreadsheet question - Crop Planning for Organic Vegetable Growers
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:36:15 -0500

I have my old planning spreadsheets, but am trying to make time to use these new ones since we are changing a lot of things this year, like opening a farmstand.  The spreadsheets are designed more for paper use (a LOT of paper), but I am automating in Excel 2003.  I know there has to be a formula for this one, but I am coming up blank.

I need to sum the products of two columns. The columns are value (column C) and quantity (Column D).  62 rows of crops.

If I get one working, and can drag and correct if need be – Column C, the value stays constant across different quantity columns (weekly)

Appreciate help. Its been so long since I’ve done much of this that I am rusty.  Have been trying SUM, PRODUCT, SUMPRODUCT, etc.  colons, commas.  I’m probably just so rusty I’m missing something obvious.  I did manage to get the values from two worksheets merged into a third – that was simple and I thought I was on a roll, but have hit a definite roadblock.  With year-round sales I don’t want to manually enter (c5*d5)+(c6*d6)through c62*d2), and then do it for 52 columns.  I know there has to be an easy way.

Thank you.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com      http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe

It's not that nice guys finish last. They have a whole different notion where the finish line is. - unknown