market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 127, Issue racoon

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 127, Issue racoon
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 16:09:19 -0500

We quit growing corn and melons. Deer, raccoon, and coyotes were wiping us out. We tried electric fence with numerous strands, radios, sitting out in the field all night with a shotgun, dogs, etc... nothing worked so we gave up. :(

Hot pepper spray worked up to a point. Had to reapply after rain, or heavy dew, and we couldn't always get it done so...

Carla
Perkins, OK