market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] rain gear for field work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Brabo <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] rain gear for field work
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 13:38:00 -0500

Though not cheap, the stuff from LL Bean is top quality and has lifetime warranty.  I've blown out 6-7 yr old stuff and they replaced it.

Regards,
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm
Certified Naturally Grown
Clarksville, Missouri

On Apr 4, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Kakerby wrote:

Good morning all.  I seem to recall at least one conversation from a few years ago, about brands of rain gear that actually hold up for at least a season.  Can't find it in the archives.  I bought a rainsuit from the big-box home improvement store a grand total of three weeks ago, and I've already blown out one of the major seams.  Fishing is a big industry here and I know I could go get some really heavy-duty Helly Hanson gear that would stand up to a lot of abuse.  But the pricetag is heavy duty as well.  What brands of rain jackets/bibs/coveralls have folks worked with, that seem to strike a balance between rugged and affordable?  Thanks in advance............
Kathryn Kerby, preparing to go out and work in the rain without her shoddy rainsuit
Snohomish, WA