market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shoemaker, William H" <wshoemak AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Basil Downy Mildew
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:58:42 +0000

That's too bad. I thought it might be borderline for OMRI. The organism that causes Downy Mildew is tough to deal with, and phosphorus acid is avery good tool for addressing it. I doubt it has much environmental risk because it is a simple compound that is essentially plant food. I suspect this problem in basil may take a while to address, until some form of resistance is discovered.

Bill

William H. Shoemaker,

Northern Illinois Viticulturist - IGGVA

Illinois Grape Growers and Vintners Association

wshoemak AT illinois.edu