market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] earthway

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] earthway
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:54:40 -0500

Interesting.

I've never had that problem with tiny seed in the Earthway; but do sometimes have it with peas or soybeans, even on short distances.

Thanks for posting that.

On Feb 4, 2013, at 11:46 AM, Beth Spaugh wrote:

Here is a link to the “fix” for tiny seeds. http://wannafarm.com/earthway-seeder-fix/

Yes, it is a bit of a pain to work around the end cap, but I only put it on for tiny seeds.  I only seed a couple hundred feet at a time and the plates stay on fine without it for that distance when doing larger seeds.