market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] killing potato vines

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] killing potato vines
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:23:39 -0400

We bush hog our potatoes two weeks before digging them. It works well, kills the weeds too, of course. And two weeks is about the right time for the potato skins to thicken up enough to withstand the harvesting and be storable.

Pam Dawling, Twin Oaks, central Virginia

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
http://www.sustainablemarketfarming.com/
http://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
http://www.newsociety.com/Books/S/Sustainable-Market-Farming

  • Re: [Market-farming] killing potato vines, Pam Twin Oaks, 10/09/2012