market-farming - [Market-farming] Advice requested---plastic removal

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Advice requested---plastic removal
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 13:52:46 -0400

Tomorrow we have a work day with some friends, primarily to remove plastic from raised beds.  Thousands of feet.

They do it by hand, which is why it's such a chore. But we have the labor of 15-16 people.

Anyone know/used a poor man's technique to remove thin plastic more easily?  Have seen the machines for this, but they are pricey.

Can one run cultivator shanks underneath it?

Potato plow just under each buried edge?

Any other common farm implements or hand tools that make the job easier?

Thanks,
Richard Moyer
SW VA, husking seed corn