market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Germinating and planting spinach

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Germinating and planting spinach
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 15:11:43 -0400

I use the sprouted seed method I learned from Paul and Alison Wiediger. We drain the sprouted seed, then mix in a little dry (non-powdery) foodstuff like oat bran or dry corn grits. It stops the seeds sticking to your fingers. It takes a little while, sure, but it really works, and you save the time you'd spend resowing if you used unsprouted seed!
Pam, Twin Oaks, zone 7

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
http://www.sustainablemarketfarming.com/
http://www.facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming
http://www.newsociety.com/Books/S/Sustainable-Market-Farming