market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Spotted Asparagus Beetle Control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Ron McElwain" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Spotted Asparagus Beetle Control
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 22:31:56 -0400

BT will do a number on the larva, you will have to stay after them as they will hatch out more than once.  - mac

Quoting Andy Fellenz :
Today I started observing feeding damage in my asparagus and several Spotted Asparagus Beetles.  How effective is Pyganic on asparagus beetle?  Are there other OMRI approved products which are either more effective or should be considered in a tank mix with the Pyganic?

I plan to cut the asparagus for at least one more week and would like to find something with reasonably good knockdown so that I don't have to spend a lot of time in the packing shed inspecting for damaged asparagus.

Thanks,

Andy