market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Restaurant update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Restaurant update
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:09:31 -0500

Thanks again. The more info I get the better I'll be at dealing with chefs. The chef who approached us told me that he only wanted to deal with one or two farmers. He had to get permission to do this, and it's on a limited basis. He will be doing special menus once or twice a month using local produce. I get the feeling that if this is a big hit they will do more.

The chef also asked for a farm bio and pictures and he printed it out and placed it on the tables for his customers so  they would know who/where the produce came from. I think all of this will be very good for our farm.

He's a really nice guy and he keeps saying he enjoys the relationship we're building, so I feel encouraged by that.  He's only been at the restaurant since December so I think he's as new at this as I am, so maybe we'll both learn as we go.

This is one of 3 restaurants owned by the same guy. All 3 restaurants are very different, but I think the potential is there to expand. I really want to be prepared to meet their needs, I just don't know yet what that is!

Thanks again, I really do appreciate all the help!

Carla,
Perkins, OK