market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: grizzdover AT gmail.com
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] garlic greens--when and how
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 22:40:59 -0500

I also pull them as I don't believe they will "regenerate" ("grow back").  I plant at least three 200 foot beds (3 rows per bed) specifically for "green garlic" in the fall.  We've got three tasty green garlic recipes on the recipe page of our website : http://www.turtle-farm.com/Recipes/index.htm .  Feel free to share them with your customers.  Another way I like to fix them is to wrap broccoli raab and then local bacon (which makes everything better : ) ) around them held together with a toothpick and then put them on the grill till the bacon is cooked.  I sell them 3 for a dollar.

Ben Saunders
Farm Manager
Turtle Farm: Certifed Organic Fruits, Veggies and Herbs
Granger, Iowa
www.turtle-farm.com
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=welcome#!/pages/Turtle-Farm/200544863386129