market-farming - [Market-farming] Compost, Compost Tea, Vermicompost Leachate Testing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Compost, Compost Tea, Vermicompost Leachate Testing
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:14:17 -0400

I'm looking for information on testing for these materials.  My GAPs certification requires test results and I need to find a lab which can do the tests.  I'd also like to learn a little bit about testing the leachate and compost teas to better understand what makes one tea better than another and how to determine how effective a particular tea or leachate might be.  I have a local source for vermicompost leachate and I'd like to get a better idea of the composition of their product and also their batch to batch variability.

I've skimmed through a USDA report on compost tea testing and it was pretty dry reading.  I'd appreciate any recommendations as to reference materials as well as labs to contact.

Thanks,

Andy