market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling to restaurants

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: andrea davis <andrea.m.davis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling to restaurants
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:20:03 -0700

My experience has been that small local restaurants are paying retail prices from produce purveyors unless they are buying a very large quantity which they rarely do.  I charge restaurant retail pricing and occasionally give them a little price break if i have a lot of something that is highly perishable.  Also for restaurants that are super close to the farm (under 5 miles away) I don't charge for delivery.

Good Luck

Andrea

Quarter Acre Farm
Sonoma, CA