market-farming - [Market-farming] Pea and Sunflower Shoots - pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <deb AT mobiusfields.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pea and Sunflower Shoots - pricing
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 00:16:56 -0400

Howdy!

I hope this finds you all well...dealing with whichever weird weather you're in the midst of.

I've grown shoots for myself but am finally trying them for sale.  I have a wholesale buyer who will take them now and I expect to sell some when our market starts up too.

If you're growing them or have just been paying attention to prices others are getting, what would you charge for pea shoots and sunflower shoots, both for wholesale and retail?  I'm in the county right above NYC, so our prices here are a bit whacky (in a good way!).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Warmly,
Deb
Mobius Fields
Sleepy Hollow / Waccabuc NY
Zone 6b...or maybe 7 now
where it was 75 today, is still 60 at midnight, and will be 78 tomorrow and 82 on Thursday...it's still March, right?