market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vermicompost

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vermicompost
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:27:22 -0500

My first die off happened from over feeding with culled veg. This is composting and generates excessive heat. I basically cooked them. I now always allow such material to begin rotting prior to use, and then take care not to overload them. This site was very helpful:
http://www.proprecycles.org/Vermicomposting%20Lesson%20Plans.html
Todd