market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Vacuum Seeder

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Vacuum Seeder
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 10:29:55 -0500

I used to have one of the Gro-Mor vacuum wand seeders where you can seed a row at a time.  It worked well for times when I needed a lot of trays of the same item, but I found that the amount of time it took for me to change tips and make adjustments for another variety outweighed the per tray seeding time savings for small numbers of trays.  I ended up selling the seeder to someone who grew less varieties and now use a Gro-Mor Vibro seeder

Andy