market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Alternative energy

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Alternative energy
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:38:33 -0800

> Hi,
>
> I have been lurking here for a quite a while and sorting out things that
> have been useful to me. I have a couple of things I can contribute now
> so it is time to unlurk.
>
> Whatever combination of "emergency" energy sources (not just electric)
> be sure to incorporate them into your daily operations. If you buy a
> generator and only use it during "emergencies" it may not not work when
> you need it most. Leaving it in the corner of your barn for months or
> years is guaranteed to bring you a disappointing failure. Been there -
> done that.
>
> Please do research. Be careful how you think about meeting your needs.
> There are options at every corner and every turn and many choices to
> make. Poor choices will cost you too much and deliver nothing. There is
> no reason why anybody can't have a successful "backup" strategy.
>
> I have experience and training (now retired) that apply here. I would be
> happy to help anybody who wants to put together a system that meets
> their individual needs. Feel free to email me off list and I may be able
> to help you choose among the options you have. There is no silver bullet
> and there is no "fitzall" system that will satisfy everybody. I have no
> magic secrets to sell. When you look at web pages and the author offers
> to sell you his (her) simple secrets to energy independence for free
> energy...move on to the next web site without any further reading. There
> is no free lunch.
>
> <relurk>
>
> Bill in Michigan's north woods
>
> Welcome Bill in Michigan!
A lot of good points here. Perhaps water power or wind might work better
in different situations. Many sucessful alternative energy places use a
combination of what ever works.
Check out this website backwoodssolar.com
they've been doing this for over 30 years and have a terrific online
catalog that is a great intro to the concept of alternative energy.
Sora

  • Re: [Market-farming] Alternative energy, sora, 11/26/2011