market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sobering but possibly stereotypical article?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sobering but possibly stereotypical article?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:35:56 -0800 (PST)

Another thing I have been hearing more about is Rent auctions. It maybe more common other places, but around here it is new.   The land owners are keeping the land, but Auctioning off the "Cash Rent" for it.  Some of the prices I have heard for Western Kansas is crazy.  However, people are still lining up to bid.  I am glad I own our little 5 acres. I am guessing we won't be expanding anytime soon.

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com