market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Jerusalem Artichokes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Deb Taft <deb AT mobiusfields.com>
  • To: farmersue AT myfairpoint.net, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Jerusalem Artichokes
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:28:55 -0500

I just started some this fall for the first time.  The one person I know around here who sells them (Hi LC :) gets $4/pound.  Maybe she'll chime in with some thoughts about the long roots.

Would love to hear anyone else's thoughts about growing them since it's a new crop to me.

Warmly,
Deb
Mobius Fields
Sleepy Hollow / Waccabuc NY