market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] self serve market scale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm <karen AT rootsfarm.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] self serve market scale
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:02:13 -0400

Why sell by weight?  Can't you charge by the bag or container?

Best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs
Cochrane, DOMINICA
767-449-3038 (before 7 P.M.)

On Oct 21, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Brigette Leach wrote:

Mac,

You didn't indicate where you are located. Whether this will actually be
legal depends on what state you are in, not as in state of exhaustion, but
the state in which your business is located. In Michigan you need a
certified scale to sell by weight. Maybe it doesn't apply but I'd check the
regs first.

Brigette
SW Michigan