market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pruning Primocane Fruiting Raspberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pruning Primocane Fruiting Raspberries
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 13:39:29 -0700

I have primocane raspberries here in the Pacific NW. I got them 12 years
ago from a commercial grower in my area who was teaching small fruit
production through the UofIdaho. He waited until the spring to thin out
the dead canes and then topped each cane to "increase flower/berry
production". I have followed his advise for 12 years with great success.
We have a very heavy snow load here and I have found leaving the dead
canes through the winter seems to help support the floricanes.
Sora at Paradise Valley Organics
with only 1 more market to GO!!!!